Genetics, environment, diet, and social habits all affect the outcome of aging skin. Stress, obesity, and gravity also have effects on the appearance of aging skin. So what can you do to help your skin stay youthful well into retirement?
1) Stop smoking – it prematurely ages skin
2) Avoid sunbathing and tanning salons; stay out of direct sunlight from 10AM -2PM when rays are the strongest
3) Wear sunscreen – SPF 30 or higher with UVA and UVB protection
4) Check regularly for melanoma; see a doctor right away if you spot anything out of the ordinary
5) Moisturize daily
6) Eat a diet high in antioxidants
7) Drink plenty of water; limit alcohol and colas which can actually cause dehydration
8) Try anti-aging products
9) Know about skin treatments – Botox, chemical peels, hydra-facials, etc.
10) Use high quality brushes and products on your skin; wash or replace makeup tools regularly